St. Paul’s Episcopal Church seeks to call a part-time Youth Minister with a firm commitment to Jesus Christ and understanding of the historic teachings of the Church. Candidates for the position should have a heart for working with youth in middle school and high school and the ability to work with younger children, as well. The Youth Minister’s primary ministry area will be for the Youth Group consisting of middle schoolers and high schoolers, with additional responsibilities for some children’s programs. The Youth Minister will collaborate with the Rector, Youth Group leaders and head of the Sunday School to provide meaningful Christian youth and children’s programs. The Youth Minister reports to the Rector.
• Plan programing for and lead the Youth Group on Sunday mornings, twice a month.
• Plan one outreach or fellowship event for Youth Group a month.
• Teach youth confirmation class with help from the Rector and lay leaders, once a month.
• Plan and lead special Sunday School program or children’s chapel, once a month.
• Plan and lead program for children on five Wednesdays in Lent.
• Plan and lead program for children at Parish Retreat Weekend in October.
• Help lay leaders plan and lead Vacation Bible School in June.
• Preaching children’s sermons (negotiable).
• Participating in youth mission trip (negotiable).
Times of Work and Leave
The Youth Minister position is a ten month position (September – June). The Youth Minister is not expected to work more than 40 hours in a month including planning and preparation. Though there will be seasonal variation in work time. The Youth Minister’s hours of work are Sundays from 9 AM to Noon. This includes participating in public worship. In addition, the Youth Minister will be expected to work on days other than Sunday to accomplish the duties listed above.
The Youth Minister will receive a monthly stipend of $800, September – June.
• Pass a criminal background check
• Minimum two years’ experience teaching the Christian faith or similar leadership experience
Interested candidates should send a resume and three references to the Rev. Connor Newlun, Rector of St. Paul’s, email@example.com (804) 537-5516