North Run Baptist Church – is seeking a full time, energetic and gifted Senior Pastor to help us begin a work of revitalization and visioning for the future. We have ample facilities for future growth and are located in the north central suburbs of the city of Richmond – a community that is beginning to see new
housing being developed in the area.
We partner with the Dover Baptist Association, Baptist General Association of Virginia and the Southern Baptist Convention in seeking to fulfill the Great Commission. We currently average about 140 in Sunday School and about 180+ in worship and have a resident membership of 427. Our current worship style is blended between traditional and contemporary. Our present staff includes a full-time Minister of Education and Youth, part-time Minister of Worship/Music and part-time Administrative Assistant.
The candidate should have graduate theological training in an accredited seminary; five or more years of successful experience as pastor of a Southern Baptist Church, or in a significant denominational leadership position. The primary gifts and talents we are looking for include:
- Integrity and spiritual maturity,
- Strong leadership/administrative abilities able to lead a church positioned to move forward in a new direction
- Effective organizational and evaluation skills to enhance existing activities and ministries
- Courageous communicator of the truths of the Bible with excellent teaching and preaching skills
- Good pastoral care and ministry skills
- Encourager/promoter of evangelism to the churched and unchurched
- One who demonstrates a love for the lost and saved, and mixes well with all ages within the church family.
- His leadership style characterized more by influence and persuasion than by control or coercion.
Please check out our website at www.NorthRunBaptistChurch.org and contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in pursuing this opportunity. Please include your resume along with links to your current church website.