What is the Week of Prayer for Dover Baptist Association Missions?
Dover Baptists observe a Week of Prayer for Association Missions in May each year. We share specific prayer requests. We also use it to inform the churches about the role and work of the association. The week of prayer helps call attention to and connect Dover Baptists with a variety of local missions and ministries too.
Dover Baptist Association provides resources, consulting services, leadership training, and many other services that help our churches. Dover congregations give a portion of their regular offerings to fund most of the association’s ministries. This special offering supplements and helps support more ministries and mission efforts, not the association’s budget.
Suggestions for Promoting the Week of Prayer for Association Missions
- Pray and ask others to pray for association missions
- Put Missions Week announcements in bulletins, newsletters, e-mail, and on the church website
- Display Missions Week posters in prominent places
- Have an association missions offering presentation or enlist a speaker to tell about Dover’s ministries
- Distribute Prayer Guides and special offering envelopes provided for your church (available from the association office)
- Receive a special association missions offering
- Recognize persons in your church who volunteer in the work of Dover and/or tell how Dover has helped your church