Antioch is a historic church dating back to 1776. We are in a season of renovation and recommitment to our mission to serve Christ in our community.
Antioch Baptist Church in Sandston, Virginia is seeking a Part-Time Music Director to join the staff and offer guidance and direction to the music ministry of the church. Responsibilities include the following:
- Promote the love of singing and most importantly the love of the Lord
- Music background and willingness to train
- Teach and encourage a greater level of musicality
- Organizing and preparing the music ministry
- Prepare/plan hymns and specials for worship service complementary to Pastor’s sermon
- One weekly rehearsal for the choir
- Christmas and Easter Cantatas (or perhaps integration with play or drama)
- Currently using cd backgrounds for Specials and Cantatas
- Basic piano skills are preferred but not required
There is opportunity for growth and expansion of this ministry and would like input of your unique sense of individuality and calling.
Including Sunday Morning, Wednesday Rehearsals (extra rehearsals or time may be needed for Contatas), and planning time approximately 10 to 14 hours a week.
Interested Candidates should respond and/or send resume to:
Antioch Baptist Church
C/o Pastor Greg
3868 Antioch Church Road
Sandston, VA 23150