New Highland Baptist Church seeks a part time Minister of Music scheduled at 20 hours per week under the direct supervision of the Pastor. The position is responsible for planning and directing the musical aspects of the worship services and special events to include Wednesday evening choir practices.
BA in Music or related field, preferred
- A definite “call” to this specific ministry area as evidenced by his or her personal involvement
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more musical instruments, piano preferred
- Experience in planning and directing musical events
- Demonstrated commitment to Christ, His church and His purpose
- Ability to work well with others, both individually and in groups or teams
- Positive leadership abilities
- Coordinate, plan and direct music for Sunday Church services and special events.
- Direct and coordinate the various choirs of the church to include but not limited to Children, Youth, Men, Women, Praise Team, etc.
- Encourage choir growth and involvement in the many aspects of the music ministry.
- Direct the Congregational singing at regular worship services and on special occasions.
- Will become a member of New Highland Baptist Church
- Work with Music Committee on issues related to the music ministry and prepare appropriate budget requests to support the ministry
Email resume and references to Michelle Brown, Personnel Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org