Job Summary: Hunton Baptist Church is seeking an energetic Children’s Ministry Director who will be responsible for developing and implementing ministries of discipleship, mission, fellowship and worship for children. We are a church that is open to new ideas, so this position is great for someone who wants to think creatively about ministry!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the planning and coordinating of all children’s Sunday school, children’s worship, and Sunday evening programs (including selecting curriculum).
- Work with the Associate Pastor and Sunday School Director to recruit and train volunteers (as needed) in the children’s ministry (includes Sunday school teachers, children’s worship leaders, Sunday evening leaders, and chaperones for trips).
- Plan, implement, and oversee other periodic children’s events such as summer Passport trip, mission endeavors, fundraisers, Vacation Bible School, summer day camp, etc.
- Work with the Associate Pastor in developing new ministry initiatives for the children.
- Limited administrative duties (newsletter article, maintain budget and manage expenses, maintain social media accounts, etc.)
Contact: Eric Fulcher, Associate Pastor